Acupuncture is the Chinese method of treatment and health maintenance by inserting very fine needles into precise points located along Meridians (loosely speaking “energy” channels running on the surface and transversely across the body).
Ear Acupuncture is acupuncture using these points (meridian) on the ear. Ear acupuncture is used with great success in the treatment of substance abuse and general body detox. It helps the body release toxins and re-energies the body.
At Bteva Clinic we recommend this treatment together with colonic hydrotherapy as it will enhance the effect of the colonic irrigation. For a significantly better detoxification / re-balancing the body. when you receive the treatment, you will have typically five needles located in the following points (these points are known as detox points) of the ear:
- Sympathetic– this has a strong pain killing action and relieves contractions of the intestinal organs. It may cause dilation of blood vessels and is used for treating pulse and spasms of the arteries and veins. It is also used for night sweats and involuntary perspiration.
- Shenmen– calms the mind, treats insomnia and excessive sensitivity. It promotes lower abdominal circulation, harmonizes liver function and reduces high blood pressure.
- Kidney – strengthens kidney function, toughens lumber spine, assists urination and invigorates digestion.
- Liver– regulates blood circulation, strengthens the stomach, relieves dizzy spells and faintness and strengthens digestion, relieves chest heaviness, general aches and pains, abdominal distension and depression.
- Lungs– (upper or lower lung) – controls breathing and regulates body temperature. Promotes the circulation of oxygenated blood.
The clinical effects of Auricular Acupuncture is relaxation and stress reduction. Reduction in craving, relief from withdrawal symptoms, a cleared mind and increased sense of purpose, better sleep and energy rise.